Rules Revamp

The rules have been revamped! Please be sure to read over the new rules. Not reading them does not give you immunity.

The Gate Still Stands

The Gate of Talidur stands mighty and tall, unmoved by the new settlers of Anoma.

Mines Overhaul

The mine overhaul has been released! Be sure to make a global ticket to request yours to be upgraded if you've still got an old mine.

The profession system has always been a discussed topic since the server's inception. And many can say that it is a system, which is really stressful at some point, which slows the server down further. Both for armor / weapons, towards the 'cooking'. With the many kinds of qualities, which some are uneeded. So why not decrease the qualities only to five:
Natural:
Natural items come from nature and therefore do not have a quality that can be applied to them.

Cheap: Poor, Inferior, Lacking, Shoddy
A poorly crafted item of rather disgraceful quality. It’s often created as a result of serious mistakes in one’s craft and has a great chance of failing to serve its intended purpose. Barely worthy to be called apprentice work.

Moderate: Reliable, Veracious, Solid, Dependable
A decently made weapon that is fit for a common soldier or militia member. These weapons are fairly reliable, and many average warriors have this quality of weapon. Sturdy, reliable, and more comfortable than cheap attire, it's a rather capable ally in any fight.

Mastercraft: Supreme, Marvelous, Prime
A perfect work of craftsmanship that is often only achieved after extreme and devoted labor. A creation like this often wastes loads of materials, and are rarely seen in this world unless produced by a master smith. The quality is or nearly flawless, and is a kingly craft.

Perfect:
Perfect items are otherworldly in terms of no flaws, these items are so supernaturally blemish-free that generally only magic users and gods will have these items.

Though, I'll go back to making it less stressful; it would be better to make it possible for everyone to use moderate, without crafting (thus using the / edit command, without using any craftings/rp etc... instead of cheap. And if someone somewhat abuses it by lore-breaking etc... said person should just be punished). And Masterfact for those who follow the crafting procedure, though making the procedure much more severe and detailed. And perfect, only for wizards or gods-like items, which are obtainable in events. Cheap instead, if someone fails crafting for an artisan item. It will make everything less slow, and more fun imo. Of course, the 'types' can be edited- to make it more suitable for the new system, if this suggestion will ever be seen.

Edited by Fooldude

you missed adept. which i think is needed. Cause if you start by making cheap, id rather just make the plugin tools

Edited by _Twi
2 hours ago, _Twi said:

you missed adept. which i think is needed. Cause if you start by making cheap, id rather just make the plugin tools

Nah, the point is. The 'normal' quality will be moderate, cheap will occur only if someone faills to craft something better.

1 hour ago, Fooldude said:

Nah, the point is. The 'normal' quality will be moderate, cheap will occur only if someone faills to craft something better.

bad system

Cheap is just got basic stuff. We have a quality made for failed items for a reason. You can make cheap and I dont think the professions rn are flawed in the quality area. Each one exists for a reason

56 minutes ago, _Twi said:

bad system

50 minutes ago, MeteorDragon said:

Cheap is just got basic stuff. We have a quality made for failed items for a reason. You can make cheap and I dont think the professions rn are flawed in the quality area. Each one exists for a reason

13 hours ago, Fooldude said:

the 'types' can be edited- to make it more suitable for the new system, if this suggestion will ever be seen.

Again, it may've a 'reason', but they're uneeded. A cheap isn't a very good quality item. In general, the proffesion system is utterly stressing, and there are way to make it easier, quicker. At least, until the plugin is out, which it will take too long to being created. (And i've used moderate for a 'reference', a decent thing but not too good.)

Edited by Fooldude

Few issues I see with this right off the bat:

14 hours ago, Fooldude said:

Cheap: Poor, Inferior, Lacking, Shoddy
A poorly crafted item of rather disgraceful quality. It’s often created as a result of serious mistakes in one’s craft and has a great chance of failing to serve its intended purpose.

2 hours ago, Fooldude said:

cheap will occur only if someone faills to craft something better.

Based on this information, I assume you are trying to implement a system where "Cheap" is essentially now the "Failure" quality. This means it would be extremely rare for something to be "Cheap" quality, as most crafting sessions do not result in a failure. Moving forwards, you've stated the new "Moderate" quality will equate to -

3 hours ago, Fooldude said:

Nah, the point is. The 'normal' quality will be moderate,

- what would otherwise be the normal quality for now ALL smiths. Above that is Mastercraft, and above is perfect. Now, since it is quite literally impossible for a player to craft "Perfect" quality items (And I would hope it would remain that way for the foreseeable future), that means that most items will either be "Moderate" or "Mastercraft" quality. In my opinion, that is a HUGE jump from one quality to another, and gives no room for beginner smiths to have beginner crafting, meaning a completely new smith who does the crafting RP correctly will make an exact same quality item as someone who is directly below the "Mastercraft" quality. Not only is this unfair and leaves the market bland and over-simplified to the point where qualities in of themselves are essentially useless unless you're the highest tier, it doesn't make sense RPly. As stated in my example scenario above, it would not make any sense for the beginner smith to make an item with the exact same quality as someone who's almost "Mastercraft". Combined with this, ET/LT would need to make ANOTHER complete rewrite of Professions, (EXP, Tokens, Leveling) which would then force the player base to adapt to another system once again with the newest system only having been implemented for little over a month. 

Thank you for the suggestion, and I appreciate the time you took on this, these are just my thoughts on the matter. I hope you take the criticism to heart, or if you disagree with any of my points stated feel free to notify me and I'd be more than happy to go into depth on what I mean, this was moreso just a general, short little feedback on this system.

Best regards, 

Dimitri.

unknown.png
10 minutes ago, Dimitri_P said:

Based on this information, I assume you are trying to implement a system where "Cheap" is essentially now the "Failure" quality. This means it would be extremely rare for something to be "Cheap" quality, as most crafting sessions do not result in a failure. Moving forwards, you've stated the new "Moderate" quality will equate to -

That's why i was thinking to make the procedure of crafting much more 'harsh', thus if someone does x detailted thing is reward with their high quality system. But yes, i kinda meant that.

10 minutes ago, Dimitri_P said:

Few issues I see with this right off the bat:

- what would otherwise be the normal quality for now ALL smiths. Above that is Mastercraft, and above is perfect. Now, since it is quite literally impossible for a player to craft "Perfect" quality items (And I would hope it would remain that way for the foreseeable future), that means that most items will either be "Moderate" or "Mastercraft" quality. In my opinion, that is a HUGE jump from one quality to another, and gives no room for beginner smiths to have beginner crafting, meaning a completely new smith who does the crafting RP correctly will make an exact same quality item as someone who is directly below the "Mastercraft" quality. Not only is this unfair and leaves the market bland and over-simplified to the point where qualities in of themselves are essentially useless unless you're the highest tier, it doesn't make sense RPly. As stated in my example scenario above, it would not make any sense for the beginner smith to make an item with the exact same quality as someone who's almost "Mastercraft". Combined with this, ET/LT would need to make ANOTHER complete rewrite of Professions, (EXP, Tokens, Leveling) which would then force the player base to adapt to another system once again with the newest system only having been implemented for little over a month. 

Thank you for the suggestion, and I appreciate the time you took on this, these are just my thoughts on the matter. I hope you take the criticism to heart, or if you disagree with any of my points stated feel free to notify me and I'd be more than happy to go into depth on what I mean, this was moreso just a general, short little feedback on this system.

Best regards, 

Dimitri.

I understand, it might be 'not fair', since there's some whose been involved about this system a lot. And has worked to reach high skill for so long. But my point is, to remove the exp system. And just reward people who put effort in their emotes in that smithy thing or etc. It's not something i do often, but there are some people who 'backstory' to being able to smith, or just the put their OOC knowledge of smithing into their character.

And it's fine, your opinion is appreciated, and those are good points. The 'system' i've made, isn't perfect- it's just a mere small advise, which then IF really the big boy people wants to consider, they can work on something better.  thank you, for the comment though.