Rules Revamp

The rules have been revamped! Please be sure to read over the new rules. Not reading them does not give you immunity.

The Gate Still Stands

The Gate of Talidur stands mighty and tall, unmoved by the new settlers of Anoma.

Mines Overhaul

The mine overhaul has been released! Be sure to make a global ticket to request yours to be upgraded if you've still got an old mine.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s_aooUPkuwQjC3pO2RB4jIduZ6jc3isNb_SdlAXCXR8/edit?usp=sharing (can also be read here, formatting is better)

X  ó  o  t  l

“Dwell on the beauty that is life. Watch my stars, and see yourself running with them.”

_t11YC5UVpCEY7NzbSPHYRrnu4S5QZzlylUQnsDj2c-RoRau7AZ-fHNOM3JWTnIVKQg79Kan9pbdQYGRLJE40qR0-wKqiNTSf0JiFZY0IsyD6JA8cwVMHQfeYSrnrNK1ID6teWN3

Domain: The Night SkyEhXam3REVkLst0bKW7MG-GXMcO3ciy901BIO6UKi3l9fDz7Pzxd8tOFtIyADM6TG7CAAcAnbqj-PM4t7D6W3xHXzubYq-a7kJk9fyNSMO9m56VgXTxdfxqt3o44Rq0mfPh1eJEwk

Symbols: “The Oculus”, a pyramid or ziggurat apexed with an open cyclopean eye donned in long feathers of the Quetzalcoatl Xulzraiss, surrounded by four open mathematical compasses

Followers: Maksha, Sailors, Cartographers

Other Names: The Beacon, The Night Traveler, Gaia’s Lighthouse, The All-Seeing Eye

Xólotl is the sinister spirit of the night sky who wears the spirally-twisted Jewel of Wind and the ear ornaments of the Quetzalcoatl, his companion the Feathered Serpent, who is otherwise identified as Xulzraiss. He is depicted as a great celestial cyclopean lion of ivory-white light with reversed feet, adorned by his jeweled necklace and feathers imbued with the might of the stars. His eternal presence is identified at night by a lion-shaped constellation of stars, the eye centered by Gaia’s North Star, otherwise known as Gaia’s Lighthouse or The Beacon.

Contents

1 Influence

1.1 Powers

1.2 Artifacts

History

3 Art

1 Influence:

Xólotl maintains direct influence over the Makshan Beastfolk, the celestial starscape surrounding Gaia, and acts as the sole guardian to Lacerta in their passage through the Prime Materia as Xulzraiss takes to the sky. It is said that everything belonging to the night sky belongs to Xólotl, and while this is not entirely true, it is mostly so.

1.1 Powers:

Xólotl is widely believed to wield the Fires of Creation, although this is untrue. Xólotl wields the power of the stars themselves, ever-present and watchful of Gaia below, though too distant to make meaningful change. However, Xólotl sees and knows all exposed to the sky, and bears the ability to predict and accurately tell the future. 

Xólotl also bears the ability to manifest as any known and unknown creature in the universe. He is a master shapeshifter, and can even maintain exact faux embodiments of other Greater Beings themselves. While he can not wield their powers, replication of their physical appearance is mighty enough.

1.2 Artifacts:

Xólotl’s two most powerful artifacts are the Jewel of Wind, and his companion’s feathered ear ornaments. 

Jewel of Wind: A spiral-twisted prism of white light manifested with the might of all the stars in the universe. This jewel is capable of possessing the wind elementals of Gaia, their great gusts rushing across the world to control the natural world’s ecosystems. It is this jewel that may create storms, end them, or drive the winds of trade in favor of Makshan fleets. For these reasons, it is why Maksha believe themselves to be the perfect nomads -- guided by the winds of Xólotl and his stars as the celestial map.

The Jewel of Wind is worn around the neck of Xólotl as a necklace, though it has never been used. Bound by duty to protect Lacerta, the artifact will only find true purpose amidst the End Times.

Feathers of the Quetzalcoatl: Eighteen feathers split by nine to the two ears of Xólotl crest his form. These feathers are those of Xulzraiss, the silver dragon of magic and the moon. These feathers grant Xólotl the ability to shapeshift akin to Xulzraiss, and allows him to walk the world not as an ivory lion, but as Man or Woman. Two of the nineteen feathers are possessed by Xólotl’s two Champions.

The Night Traveler: A jade statue of a skeletal Xólotl carrying a solar disc bearing an image of Lacerta on his back. Called “The Night Traveler”, it succinctly portrays Xólotl’s role in assisting Lacerta through the process of death, gestation, and rebirth. This object’s role is unknown, but is thought to be responsible for resuscitating Lacerta should she die. Should it be used, it is also thought to forever kill Xólotl, sacrificing him in exchange for Lacerta.

2 History:

Tasked with protecting the dragon of the sun Lacerta from the dangers of the The Steppes andimage.png.3d5185d522fdb2ed3d09b063d1aba602.pngGrytuss the Black, he guides the Sun throughout its passage upon the planet of Gaia as it travels throughout the Prime Materia.

Believed to have once accompanied his companion the Quetzalcoatl Xulzraiss through the Prime Materia, day was made present on Gaia and the stars of the night sky were made invisible by Lacerta’s light. 

Myth and legend tells of Xólotl collecting the bones of the fallen in Mevvet to then create the Maksha during night by aid of Lacerta’s Fires of Creation. Under the light of the full moon and Quetzalcoatl Xulzraiss, he manifested the first Maksha couple as a pair of black bipedal panthers, representing the embodiment of the dark night above and the absence of the stars. This mated pair were thought to be the unnamed first, and are his two Champions and visionaries that supposedly produced the bloodlines of Maksha henceforth. They still live to this day, silent protectors and guides to the Maksha who live amongst their kind as eternal guardians.

In reality, Xólotl dispatched his Champions unto the world with two of his nineteen feathers, granting them the ability to shapeshift. Here, they sewed into the precursor Maksha that Xólotl was the creator of the Makshan Beastfolk. This was otherwise untrue, but their true creation story is forgotten, and lost to time.

A depiction of Grytuss the Black.                      

Terms: Quetzalcoatl (Dragon, or Sky Serpent)

3 Art:

Edited by Ryloth
Changed font. Added link.

After reading it a few times, I actually kind of like it. Only have two complaints.

One is that the name is ripped straight from an actual real-life deity- though we have already talked about this in discords as well. I do not think any other deity does this on LF- but I am aight with being proven wrong. 

Second, which could be missed, is the "Jewel of Wind". That seems to fall in the domain of other gods, specifically Elementals. The air Elemental also is stated with not making any artifacts and she is a WILD gal. 

Otherwise it seems alright, and a neat concept. +1

giphy-downsized-large.gif
8 minutes ago, Punkinator919 said:

After reading it a few times, I actually kind of like it. Only have two complaints.

One is that the name is ripped straight from an actual real-life deity- though we have already talked about this in discords as well. I do not think any other deity does this on LF- but I am aight with being proven wrong. 

Second, which could be missed, is the "Jewel of Wind". That seems to fall in the domain of other gods, specifically Elementals. The air Elemental also is stated with not making any artifacts and she is a WILD gal. 

Otherwise it seems alright, and a neat concept. +1

Xolotl is a mythological Aztec deity I drew inspiration from since I mainly write Aztec-themed lore as I find it inspiring and fun to work with. Xolotl being the god of death and rebirth, abnormalities and deformities (beastfolk are an abnormal deformity, thusly where I make the connection). For now given Maksha are nomadic Romanian-cultured people, I think Xolotl could be a brief placeholder until TDubz can get back to me on another translation.

As for the Jewel of Wind, you are right in that it falls into the elemental artifacts area. However, I was thinking instead that this is an artifact provided by the Goddess of Magic, Xulzraiss, as she tasks as Xolotl's companion to protect Lacerta from the impending end times. Thusly, that is why the object has never been used and will never be used, and can not be used until the end times -- the reason why it manipulates wind, is because dragons have wings. The best way to defeat a dragon is to remove their ability to fly, and controlling the air itself is an answer.

Though, none of that will be written as it isn't knowledge that should be known to anyone! If the artifact conflicts with lore then I'll happily remove or swap it with anything else.

@Ryloth

My issue is not that you used them for inspiration. It is simply the name itself! I am sure many of the pantheon is inspired by other things- but none of them use a real life deity name. While using the word 'God' might not be an issue, it may be offensive to put, for example, Allah in the lore but give him a fantasy background. If it is going to be replaced then its all good! (Just do not be like Yandev and say the models are just 'placeholders'. Yandev its been 6 years buddy).

giphy-downsized-large.gif