Rules Revamp

The rules have been revamped! Please be sure to read over the new rules. Not reading them does not give you immunity.

The Gate Still Stands

The Gate of Talidur stands mighty and tall, unmoved by the new settlers of Anoma.

Mines Overhaul

The mine overhaul has been released! Be sure to make a global ticket to request yours to be upgraded if you've still got an old mine.

The state of the server

Hello all, I noticed recently we've been bleeding a lot of players, and I'm already aware of some of the players' issues with the server currently, however, I'd like to make this forum post for people to have a chance to see some of their feedback for the server highlighted. I'd also be interested in seeing peoples' opinions on issues they have and possible fixes for the issues. I'd also like for this discussion to remain civil, any issues with players should be reported here: https://www.lostfables.net/forum/26-reports/

I will be checking back over this post often, and writing down what people post and do my best to quickly move on issues players' have with the server. 

I personally do not know if this is still a problem because I have not been on in a while, and I honestly don't know if it's fixable. But I've noticed a lot of races have been played 'wrong' in a way. For short 'uwu demons', Empyreans that are more snotty and 'royal assholes' than anything, Welves being played a lot more softer and trusting without reason, Autumn Elves lacking in tradition without reason, Spring Elves that lack in the emotion they need or the interaction with fauna/flora is some to none. There's lot's more to be said about some of the races and how they are played, but I can't seem to find the reasoning for races being played 'wrong', therefore I have no solution. Some would just say it's 'bad rp', which in some cases can be true. I'm not calling anyone or anything out, I just notice there are many many gaps I see when specific races are being played, in which most are unaware, or just don't care enough to stick to the lore. Just something I thought to maybe bring up, once again I'm not coming for anyone, I believe I too could use a little work on sticking to some of the lore for characters I have made, but I do try to include lore in my characters, and pay attention to criticism when it's given. Just a thought.

Edited by sleepyhailey

image.png.cba08d862efc47f16da387e4af61ea7d.png

. - + = + - .

Don't be afraid to hmu! I need friends.

*please*

Spoiler

. - + = Characters = + - .

Aitous Sheikin - Oe Il'ha - Alive

Myh'ehal - Ue Il'ha - Alive - Shelved

"Demented" - Ue Il'ha - Alive - Shelved

Column - Ae Il'ha Halfblood - Alive

Niesilliac - Ie Il'ha - Alive

Zalxius - Demonkin - Alive

Elise/Zofsira - Oe Il'ha Halfblood - ?

Maefire - Empyrean - ?

On a whole different note, the way slavery is played.

I most likely could care less about slavery because while it does bring roleplay to the server, it can often be annoying, and scares off new players. The reason I believe this is because unironically occasionally people, usually players newer to roleplay etc, get attached to their characters. And when one is enslaved or other, it can be frustrating. Another thing to include is often times it brings arguments OOCly and unneeded drama. This isn't a "Get rid of slavery now!!" post however, I was wondering if anyone would have ideas on how to fix this. A lot of the time people just aren't strong enough to get away, or they aren't good at CRP, which is what it boils down to most times. Another thing is getting out, whether that be climbing over the walls, or people rallying. The people who did the enslaving occasionally get frustrated when characters get away, and sometimes blame it on metagaming, which just adds tension and toxicity to the server, and it makes people not want to play anymore. Another thing to add, is whenever a mod or staff member is brought in to discuss what is alright and what is not, it's sometimes brought up that staff are picking sides, and whether or not this is actually happening just adds to the tension and can be frustrating as well. 

To sum this up, I was wondering if maybe there would be any bright ideas as to ways to make slavery rp less frustrating, and more 'fun' for all parties. I'm not saying you have to treat people like babies, or make the rules near to impossible to have enslaving happen. Just maybe there could be valid ways to leave behind prints, or hints that someone is being dragged off or other, to avoid the 'metagaming' problem. As to how to make it less frustrating, I've yet to get any ideas, but I did still want to bring it up, see what people think. 

Feel free to add on to this, or criticize/debunk anything by the way!

Edited by sleepyhailey

image.png.cba08d862efc47f16da387e4af61ea7d.png

. - + = + - .

Don't be afraid to hmu! I need friends.

*please*

Spoiler

. - + = Characters = + - .

Aitous Sheikin - Oe Il'ha - Alive

Myh'ehal - Ue Il'ha - Alive - Shelved

"Demented" - Ue Il'ha - Alive - Shelved

Column - Ae Il'ha Halfblood - Alive

Niesilliac - Ie Il'ha - Alive

Zalxius - Demonkin - Alive

Elise/Zofsira - Oe Il'ha Halfblood - ?

Maefire - Empyrean - ?

Reading over what you replied I think some of it is valid and still applies to the server currently, for the first response, it has a strange mixture of problems, for example you pointed out how the Winter Elves are rather soft and trusting, but I feel like the reason we might find differences between what actually happens on server vs what the lore actually states is due to sustainability, I feel like a group like the Winter Elves would be really hard to pull off if it was done as if they were written lore wise, mainly due to the small player base right now as I do not think there is enough of an appeal for people to play a race that has lived a rather harsh life that leaves them bitter. Blooded and Empyreans on the other hand I feel like suffer needlessly, playing a Demonkin myself, I only know one place my persona can reside in relative safety but other than that it would be a struggle to last anywhere else, and due to the size of the map currently it does make it hard to hide as there really is a limited amount of places one could go (though this is not asking for the map to be expanded), compare it to the time I played a Dark Mage on another server, it was an utter blast, as the effects of the magic weren't always outright displayed, only inklings that people who'd actually come across one before would be able to pick up on, and if I did happen to be exposed their were plenty of places I could go into hiding. Though with Empyreans, I find that problem will eventually solve itself because no one is going to really want to RP with people like that, so they either adjust the characters or the group will die out.

The second thing you mention was something I was roughly thinking about prior and that is something like an RP Etiquette Guide, though to briefly sum up the issue would be is that people come onto LF to have fun, being forced into RP that you might not be comfortable with isn't you having fun. I feel people who actively engage in conflict/antagonist/villain RP often should at least attempt to meet the victim half way and ensure to do the best to make sure both parties are having fun, perhaps the two of them could even discuss ideas about the Roleplay to have moments that help develop both of the characters. However, this will be a matter of encouraging such behavior, rather than strictly enforcing it on everyone.

• 2 months later...

As a new player coming in, seeing off the bat that a player saying he was blessed by a god and then goes to show some pretty unique items is a bit of a turn off for me. Due to the size of this server. How many others can do really powerful spells or have really powerful items? I understand that maybe they worked hard, but the fact is that this is a 20-30 player server. Being from a couple minecraft role-play servers I've always seen this kind of pattern. Take Throne Craft (10-20 player server)for example, you have people who put in so much hard work and get these ridiculous powerful role-play items, then you have new players who want to work their way up only to find such a huge gap between them and the veterans of the server. You will never be able to beat them, and at the end of the day it just doesn't feel appealing to role-play. And if you even try to kill them, it turns into a whole OOC dilemma because they are really attached to that character.

2 hours ago, SantoMalVarde said:

As a new player coming in, seeing off the bat that a player saying he was blessed by a god and then goes to show some pretty unique items is a bit of a turn off for me. Due to the size of this server. How many others can do really powerful spells or have really powerful items? I understand that maybe they worked hard, but the fact is that this is a 20-30 player server. Being from a couple minecraft role-play servers I've always seen this kind of pattern. Take Throne Craft (10-20 player server)for example, you have people who put in so much hard work and get these ridiculous powerful role-play items, then you have new players who want to work their way up only to find such a huge gap between them and the veterans of the server. You will never be able to beat them, and at the end of the day it just doesn't feel appealing to role-play. And if you even try to kill them, it turns into a whole OOC dilemma because they are really attached to that character.

While I can appreciate that the server definitely looks like that from the perspective of a newcomer, and that is most certainly an issue, that's not the majority of the server. Don't take this as a super duper official response, but this is a held concern. The fact of the matter is that a lot of people appreciate self-aggrandizing RP and actively pursue it, despite the fraction of super-big important folk with important epic loot being astronomically higher than we'd expect of the Old World. The server is in beta, and this is something I believe will balance out to a more moderate state as the server finds its legs more.

• Event Lead
2 hours ago, SantoMalVarde said:

Hey there Santo- ET and Reception Lead here who was informed of your comment as a new player. There's alot that you've said here (from a Lore, Event, and New Player Reception idea) that I heavily agree with. As we peddle frequently, we are in a 'Beta' form of the server... however, that doesnt mean we're trying to deflect criticism. Infact, one of the notes you see here with 'Unique Items' and (((for the lack of a better term))) snowflake items is not something that we want to heavily advertise and influence.

Back when we launched we had a much different ideal for how to deal with 'Deific Intervention' and throughout the beginning months we realized that it got quickly flawed. Im unsure what this player may have shown you, or what they may have told you... however, my assumption offhand is that they are either holding around an outdated or older item from when our Story Staff was flinging out items kinda akin to candy with no real vision of tact in the way that it goes. Nowadays things such as 'deific blessings' or all these intense magical items that you may see are much more standardized, and expected to be rare items which add to a dynamic of RP rather than just being a mindless power boost.

-=-

Now despite this, I would like to make a few things clear about our idea of the server and generally what we want to do.
1: The 'server powerlevel' is meant to feel a tad higher than that of other servers. While we dont want people walking around insta-murdering people... everything isnt balanced a way as to allow for any joe shmuck in plate armor to kill anyone with the same ease.
2: While we are actually currently in the process of readjusting our Godly Pantheons as you can check out below, we intend to try and have the deific and/or higher fantasy plotlines more prevalent on this server than you may see elsewhere. Not to say that everything must be such, however we want the worldly narrative to feel interesting and unique

3: @func_Soap put it well, a large portion of people love flaunting their egos, and sometimes their may be instances which allow people to '''brag''', but generally i'd say it is not an intensely hard process to try and get up to the speed and/or meta of the server's 'higher elitists' without just being around for at max a month. You can ascertain alot of stuff which may seem very strong in the span of a month... though we aren't exactly continuously powering up these 'Super Elites'. Our lore and event team is generally aware that we're focused on people equally all feeling important rather than creating 'main characters'. 

-=-

If you would like to discuss this further feel free to message me at Mystery#1104. I have no problem discussing or even debating this further. 

As a new player aswell, I feel that there should be more exposed iron deposits in the overworld. I have searched for many hours trying to find them all, and I don't want to be pressured into joining one of the major nations, given I am certain that I, as a Rehk-Ur, will get messed with within the vast majority of them. The node system is cool and all, but having to travel across the continent to find one not claimed by a settlement is very frustrating. 
Perhaps I just don't know all the spots, I doubt I do, but it really does suck when I go into the land of massive stone pillars and find a few, non-interactable, iron ores underwater and that is it.