The Gate has been Opened

The opening of the gate rattles Anoma to its core. The tunnels and caves now free to explore!

Mines Overhaul

The mine overhaul has been released! Be sure to make a global ticket to request yours to be upgraded if you've still got an old mine.

Maia the Natural Golem; The Wicker Woman

rxiWXeH1nlVKu9T6HLWiT3iGFZp4oBfzYoREARod14ukLuGU8RIFtGmFNP7H12toNc60-a71GNkIKxxGG8vH63KNgNij5YYqKZ_k-dRKuO_xrMEYH-SxifBFHrjXUtjdbG47Jrg0sKQG1jJ5vg

I was unable to find the artist who made this.

1. Character Name: (This is your character's name!)

Maia. 

2. Character Backstory: (This is your character's general backstory!)

Born from the soil of Gaia in a hollow no one knew of, Maia came to be at the start of spring three cycles ago. As with all things from the earth, they seek to grow up, splinter off, and start their own path. There was a strength in how this desire manifested from the soils of Gaia, where essence collected and bubbled up from below the earth into a wellspring. The roots that grew below it came to a life of their own and inched closer to the surface with each passing minute. This desire to grow and experience was inescapable and it coalesced into a physical form of vines, flowers, roots, and branches that pushed skyward from the loam until they were greeted from the sunlight which wafts down from between the branches overhead.

The incomplete form of a woman was born that day. Essence pulsed visibly through her core to her limbs as her wicker frame came to maturity. Hollow save for the soft green light which embodies her life, this mediocre mimicry of the human form lacks a face but exudes the delicate grace normally reserved for the practiced. As the form moves forwards to take its first steps, the anchors into the soil cause her to trip. A light gasp escapes her and her slim arm braces downward for the impact. Her growing fingers sank into the soil below, and for a moment she felt she was merely touching another part of her body. The next moment she felt terribly alone as her roots broke free of the earth and all she felt was soil. Deep into the woodlands as she was, as her attention turned from the earth to the trees her purpose came clear to her.  She was to see it all. 

3. Character's Purpose: (This is what your character seeks to achieve!)

Adventure, experience, and a broadened understanding of Gaia. It could be simplified down to a childlike, wonder-filled curiosity or an interest in self discovery. Whatever is out there, she wants to see it, touch it, and explore it at all costs.  Being so close to lift itself has brought another urge to her in addition to the aforementioned- she seeks to heal, but not with a focus on organics. She has a special interest in bringing relief to the natural golems of the world like her. Material collection will be something that is important to her, but such lofty goals will come with time. 

Player Scenarios

4a. It is night, and you're leaving a tavern by the docks. A man bumps into you, and you feel his hand at your pocket.

The vines on Maia’s form rustle and wiggle around as she is forced off her axis. The roots that make up her feet branch out so she isn’t bowled over as her hollow, faceless head turns to peer at the impact. She saw an old man, perhaps nearing his sixties, hastily making away with the content of her hooded robe’s pocket. “Peculiar…” she mumbles to herself as she watches him leave. Why any human would wish to have a willow root was beyond her, though she was happy to share. That was her last one, which was unfortunate. A defeated sigh emanates from the mass of roots and vines as she makes her way onward.

4b. You come upon a burning building, and you can hear the sounds of someone shouting from within.

Maia takes one look at the fire and immediately begins to walk away. The screams were ignored entirely. There was nothing more to that beyond the gut wrenching fear of burning. It was enough for her to leave without contemplation of returning.

4c. You come upon an overturned wagon in the road, with a pair of bandits looting the unmoving bodies of its previous owner.

An idea sparked in Maia’s head as she saw the scene. She was in need of some supplies that she could trade items for. She had found that shiny items tend to get her more and there seemed to be quite a bit over this scene. The first thing that she found to be ‘off’ about the spectacle was how the wagon was not on its wheels. That was unacceptable. She crouches low to the road and hastily makes her way to the wagon. The task was simple for the golem, and soon enough the wagon was righted.

What the fuck?!” a bandit yells as the wagon seems to magically upend itself right before their widened eyes. The second bandit just took off running and was quite a ways down the road at this point. The first was not quite so dismayed… right up until it started moving forward on its own. They were soon to join the second and Maia was left under the cart struggling not to giggle. As they left her line of sight she was quick to roll out from under that dusty carriage and loot the bodies herself. After collecting what she could, she was back into the trees and on her way to her next destination.

4d. Awaking in the middle of night, you find yourself covered in blood.

This is abnormal,” Maia comments to herself as she wakes up in the middle of the night, completely covered in blood. A quick glance around the room found no hint of its origin or why it even happened at all. “This is unfortunate as well,” Maia continues on. She discorporates into a mass of wriggling vines which tosses the blankets off the bed and flicks the blood everywhere across the room. Maia reshapes herself to her womanly form before donning her robe and flipping the hood up and walking down to the front desk of the tavern. Her delicate hand drops a key onto the counter, and in a wavering voice Maia explains, “This room unnerves me.” Maia exits the scene as quickly as she can walk. Meanwhile, the tavern keep grows curious and heads upward to the room they just abandoned. Fearing the worst, they cracked the door open with a baited breath and peered inward to a horror show. 

Oh my GODS!” they screamed in mortal terror. “There is so much blood everywhere! Seemingly without a source! What DOES this!” After a few moments of ruminating on the exact nature of what they were seeing, they continued in their frantic yelling. “It is so VAGUE as well, I have no idea what could have caused all this blood, everywhere!” The analytic screeching which emanated from the upstairs began to reach a crescendo over the crowds below, which then caused a bit of hysteria. It was over soon enough, but the mystery remains to this day with an unyielding question; “Where did all that blood come from?

General Character Questions

5. Character's primary axis of morality: (What is the most important thing to your character?) 

The most important thing to her is that she feels she must live long enough to experience all of Gaia. At the point of her conception she is unaware that other people exist so this goal may change over time. She intends to do so at all costs. 

6. Is your character a good person?

No, but she also isn’t a bad person. At this point in her life she wouldn’t have a firm grip on what the difference is between good and bad, so she is acting more on instinct and personal curiosity. She will grow over time and may wind up one more than the other, but that’s something that time will tell.

Player App

1. Why do you want to play a unique race?

I play a deep dwarf as well, Rebbi Hildentrouf-Olena-Ludvilla-Darksinger the Third. I enjoy her but I also enjoy a bit of a challenge as well. Unique races are a chance for me to express creative urges or ideas in ways that entertain me and maybe even might be considered interesting to others. Either way they tend to make for a good story and I’d like to try my luck at that.

2. How long, and through what mediums have you been roleplaying?

At this point? I’ve been RPing for almost a decade but not always on Minecraft. I’d like to think I’ve got an adept understanding of it but there is always room to grow.

3. Give a description of the lore for your unique race, and explain how it fits into the overall lore of the server. This lore should include why your species is so rare.

Maia is a Natural Golem and I intend to play her via the rules of a natural golem. In this case, there are just aesthetic features which fit into the lore, though I’ll state some clarifications of what she has exactly below.

1. Her body is hollow and her “skin” is a living wicker. These vines and roots are all laced together to form a body that moves organically and with grace. They can shape themselves into any configuration in real time to allow Maia to express herself in various forms such as dance or gesticulation.

1.  Redlines: Maia cannot extend her vines outward from her body for combat, but she can do so if she is traveling in ways that require it. Swinging through the trees for example. They cannot extend more than 3m from her core or from the ground, inclusive of her height

1. She has limited capability to shift her shape into a more pleasing format for herself. On the fly changes such as simulated clothes or body language is not uncommon to see with her. It even helps her express herself better given she doesn’t have a face. 

1. Redlines: Maia cannot shift her shape into anything but a humanoid at this time. She can mimic the composition other races have if she likes them but permanent changes must be done through Regeneration.

1.   She will grow more complete as time passes. She learns quickly and is not very prone to making the same mistake twice. Eventually a face will form when she learns enough to be considered self-aware, but for now she is merely emulating sentience. 

1. Redlines: Maia is both positively and negatively affected by this. On one hand she doesn’t have to deal with an educated understanding between good and bad yet. On the other hand it will leave her confused and feeling lost on many occasions. I do not intend to play her as if she is crazy and it will not be an excuse to be “L0L Randem rawr” about it. I hate that crap. 

1. Her composition does not make her any more or less resilient to damage than a normal unarmored human would. Taking an arrow damages a limb in a similar way it would damage a fleshen one, barring the regrowth factor organic natural golems possess. 

1. Redlines: Armor will be tricky for Maia but she can benefit from them as anyone would. While she will not take damages such as bleeding she can still be at risk of amputation or collective damages over time. She does not hold any particular resistances. 

I want to give her a hug

image.png.cba08d862efc47f16da387e4af61ea7d.png

. - + = + - .

Don't be afraid to hmu! I need friends.

*please*

Spoiler

. - + = Characters = + - .

Aitous Sheikin - Oe Il'ha - Alive

Column - Ae Il'ha Halfblood - Alive

Niesilliac - Ie Il'ha - Alive

Zalxius - Demonkin - Alive

Elise/Zofsira - Oe Il'ha Halfblood - ?

Maefire - Empyrean - ?

• Event Lead

ACCEPTED 

Congrats on getting your character accepted. If you have any questions about your natural golem character feel free to message me directly at Mystery#1104 on discord. Happy RPing