Rules Revamp

The rules have been revamped! Please be sure to read over the new rules. Not reading them does not give you immunity.

The Gate Still Stands

The Gate of Talidur stands mighty and tall, unmoved by the new settlers of Anoma.

Mines Overhaul

The mine overhaul has been released! Be sure to make a global ticket to request yours to be upgraded if you've still got an old mine.

Slorbin's 'Beast' race application.

CHARACTER APP

[A foreword: Thank you to BlackHand7 from the Lore team for greatly helping with the backstory!]

1. Character Name: (This is your character's name!)

"Happ"

2. Character Backstory: (This is your character's general backstory!)

Happ is a beast from a time long, long ago. Before the colonials arrived, before the oldest Owlfolk records, a group of mages were experimenting with life itself. This group of scientists were skilled, but still new to their work. They aimed to create a new beast, a new monster. For a long time, the wizards failed- although, they eventually succeeded in making strong and powerful creatures, ones that could act as a valiant guards for the mages. However, being scientists, they made absolutely sure to keep their previous samples, the 'rejects', the failures. These failures were encased in stone coffins, coated in enchanted amber, inscribed with now-unreadable runes. The failed experiments were stuck in stasis, only kept in-case one of the mages needed to look back at their failures and see what they did wrong.

Happ was sadly, one of these rejects. She was from the first 10 of the batch, around number 8 or so. For this first batch, the mages believed they could try chimerism. Happ was created by fusing a slave and an owl. The scientists believed that fusing a human with an owl would produce a beast with the amazing senses and agility of an owl, combined with the ingenuity and intelligence of a human. Sadly, the experiment didn’t produce a wise owlfolk, but instead a dim-witted young child, around eight years old or so. She had long feathers, claws on her hands and feet, and didn't remember much from her previous life- including most words. The scientists shrugged and put her in the stasis chamber, and continued their task of creating a new, owl-like beast. Eventually, the scientists died, and as the sands of time buried the ruins, all was forgotten.

Many years later, 1 age before the colonists arrived on Anoma, the coffin broke. A small rockslide revealed and cracked open the enchanted chamber, and a beast emerged. Happ looked around at her surroundings. She didn't know where she was in the slightest. Her memory, which was already badly damaged by the chimerism process, had faded over the course of time, to the point where she didn't even know her original name- much less that she's some sort of failed freak. The young creature rose out of the box as morning hit, rather frightened, and began to wander off.

For 10 years she survived on her own, living in tree hollows and scarfing down raw deer legs. She awoke from her tomb with a set of rudimentary clothes, a faded green in color, although she had to fashion her own short-spears and weapons to survive. The entire time, she felt a gnawing feeling. She was the only beast she saw that even remotely looked like her. All the other animals had company- a flock of geese, a nest of mice, a herd of deer. After 10 years, she couldn't ignore the feeling any longer. The lonely beast packed a few supplies and wandered off, in search of a cure to her loneliness.

Eventually, Happ- the name she's given herself- ventured south until she reached a giant tentacle and a deep ravine. She glided over the pit with her large and expansive wings, and continued on until she reached a new land. She came across a caravan of people, and didn't know what to think of them. The creature waved her wings and hooted at the merchants in an attempt to get their attention, but they simply ran off, believing her to be some sort of raving lunatic. She lost the merchants after running for quite some time, but continued on the roads, down towards The Parsha.

Happ only knows the basics of Ancient Common vocabulary- about a low conversational level-, words she remembers from before the transformation. She can’t read or write in the slightest, and some of her words sound unfamiliar to modern common speakers due to their old dialect. However, since she already learned Ancient Common long, long ago, it’s much easier for her to learn Common due to their extreme similarities..

3. Character's Purpose: (This is what your character seeks to achieve!)

For a long time, Happ simply seeked to survive in her harsh northern environment- and to an extent, that primitive mindset has stuck with her to this day. She still can't shake her simple nature, but she's beginning to seek a little more in life. She's finally willing to step out of her reclusive nature and meet others, and cure her loneliness, little steps at a time.

Eventually, she might want to figure out what she exactly is, but thinking about that hurts her head too much. Maybe another time.

4.  Write a small scenario for how your character reacts to one of the following circumstances, and what ensues:

4b. You come upon a burning building, and you can hear the sounds of someone shouting from within.

Around Mid-day, Happ was wandering around her hunting grounds. She hadn't had much luck in the past few days. Half a week ago, she killed a rather large deer and was able to carve up it's meat, but the remaining scraps have gone bad by now. Most of the herd seems to have migrated. A few hours later, dusk was approaching. She had headed a considerable distance west, and would need to head back to her hollow soon. As the bird turned away, a strange, strong scent crept up from behind her. It smelled somewhat like the forest after a large lightning-storm, except.. there's no petrichor. The creature turned back around, and saw a plume of smoke rising up through the trees. It must be a wildfire- she hasn't seen one in a long time, but.. it's dangerous. The beast prepares to hop away when she hears a loud scream. She stops. What was it? It.. didn't sound like a normal animal. It sounded like her. Another scream, this one crying for help. Happ inches torward the clearing, viewing a two-story cabin with flames coming out the bottom floor window. She's left staring at the blaze, it's heat radiating towards her skin. What.. is she supposed to do? It's unsafe. She's going to die if she goes in there. But the screams- they're.. horrifying. She's used to a rabbit screaming, sure, but this is something closer to her. It aches at her heart, this unknown feeling. The creature begins to flap up to the second story window. She doesn't know what she's doing. She should be focusing on survival, but.. something's wrong, the sickening noise compels her to go near it, and.. do something. She doesn't know what. Happ crawls through the open window, coughing as her wings squeeze through, "Ah-Ha.. Huh.." She whines out, smoke filling her lungs. She nears the source of the screams, and finds a young human. This.. thing, it looked like her, but smaller, and.. different.There's no feathers on it, no massive talons. It says.. something, to her. Happ can only make out “what” and “you”. "Ah.. No- Do.. not- get… skere..." She replies in an ancient form of Common some of the few words she knows. scooping up the scared child in her warm, feathery arms, despite their protesting. She dashes for the window yet again, holding the young one in both arms and leaping towards the earth. She falls prone with a thud in the soft dirt, covering her head as the building begins to lose structural integrity- and crash to the ground. The frightened chimera digs her head into her wings, nearly forgetting about the child swaddled in her arms, and panting quite heavily. After a few moments, she looks up. The fire's roaring, yet the building is gone. The child's passed out, having been lightly smothered by the bird's pillowy limbs. It's still breathing. She stares down at it as she slowly stands up. Happ scoops the child up, and journeys off to her hollow. Although she's not sure why, she feels like she can't leave it here.

5. Character's primary axis of morality: (What is the most important thing to your character?)

The most important thing to this character is what they have known for most of their life- Survival. For the majority of their existence, ever since they emerged from that cold tomb of stasis, they've been wandering Anoma, keeping herself fed and warm whenever she can, with her few possessions. Even though, up until recently, she's had no contact with society, she innately understands that some things are better than others. If she were to stab someone with a shortspear, and they began to cry, scream, and beg; an 'innate' sense of empathy would come forwards. She doesn't remember much from her previous life, but what little subconsciousness remained from the chimeric transformation attempts to steer her sense of morality back on track.

6. Is your character a good person?

This character's not a bad person, but the only thing guiding her moral actions is her own subconsciousness from long ago, what little embers of a moral compass remains. They do what they need to do to survive, and don't have a very clear axis of morality due to a more primitive upbringing. If it's not a matter of life or death, she'll usually just be kind and curious. She's not unnecessarily cruel.

PLAYER APP

1. Why do you want to play a unique race?

I want to play a unique race so I can play this character, specifically. I've never had a chance to use this character in a roleplay server like this, and I really do love this character. It's basically the favorite one I've ever made. The reason it's a unique race is because I designed owlfolk so the rest of the community could enjoy it, with full on owl features, but I'd really like to play this specific, beakless, more harpy-like character.

I also do fairly enjoy the backstory I’ve been able to give them, and I’m interested in seeing how this character will play out in the new world now.

2. How long, and through what mediums have you been roleplaying?

I've been roleplaying for 9 years. I started out roleplaying on small plotme servers with a few friends, until eventually creating a server with those friends and roleplaying on it. I moved over to text-based chats after that, and roleplayed on sites like chatzy and other chatrooms ever since. For a small while, I got back into minecraft roleplay on a few servers, before they shut down. I've dabbled in Space Station 13 for a bit, but have mainly stuck with roleplaying on sites like Discord. I finally came back around this year and found Lost Fables.

3. Give a description of the lore for your unique race, and explain how it fits into the overall lore of the server. This lore should include why your species is so rare.

I believe the backstory itself contains a fairly comprehensive description of this bubble, so I won't copy and paste it. I'll include a few things, though. The creature looks similar to the images uploaded below. It's biology is fairly similar to Uvari biology, although it has sharp talons for hands and isn't nearly as smart. It's abilites and redlines fall under Bubo. [https://wiki.lostfables.net/index.php/Owlfolk#Racial_Abilities] She is able to glide with an item in her talon-hands, but is unable to actually use it while she is gliding.
The species is so rare because, as mentioned earlier, they were made on a case-by-case experimental basis. Maybe another one like her exists, but it definitely hasn't been released yet.

oilysnake_birb.png

oilysnake_fullbody_colored_commission.png

uhoogya.png

owl.png

Edited by Slorbin
FIX'D

6PkUYT-aYum8IcXYgMG0JE4AOf1bTXWVMP5q3tDgrYCjZLCbiYpik4Z7ETJ4lBwagSeZOT6zWdJm3uWVD_HkTBN6pmkWhEMXXjPCPbLJAhR7_3M05vSFELYQUXQHcRztqPwWgD4Q

Slorbin, your application is pending. You’re so close! The following are changes you need to make before you are accepted;

•  Your backstory on the whole is fairly good, just a couple of problems: 1. Why, if the mages were trying to make a creature that could carry them, would they try to fuse a human and an owl? That seems fairly redundant. Wouldn't they try to make a new beast altogether, or something of the sort? 2: How does Happ know how to make clothing and a bow? Given that she was a child when she was put into the coffin, and a child that had obviously been the victim of some sick experiments, would she a) know how to do something like that and even b) possess the mental capacity to be able to do so?

• For your rp scenario, in the same vein as my first note,  how does Happ know how to talk? Given that she was made a very long time ago, coupled with the fact of, again, damaging experiments, how would she know to speak common?

• For your lore summary, its fine, I suppose, but I do feel that you could be doing alot more with it. You have a very cool character concept, and I feel that you could do alot more with it than just "owlkin but it doesn't have a beak." You don't need to change it, but, I think you could do alot more with this character and their backstory than what you are doing with it right now.

The following changes must be made to be accepted. If you fail to make these changes, your application will be denied. If you have any questions or need any assistance, you may contact me at the following locations; Discord: MagicTurtle#9888, Forums: blackhand7 

Feel free to join us on our Discord [here]. For more information on server lore, click [here]

• 2 weeks later...

jhHkTUDWsxg1gRIS-47zbUwaszCOxykSfQt5sPKK9upEd2ozF4uYQFxCA1Rt8kT819MVhkWNNLIAsrkAyWCYZQNLq6jGlJ6KVMS9uBNXp5GTduZ3H4NOiQoI9W1Q-BT_jw5NB6n_

Slorbin, your application to play an Owl-Girl has been accepted! You have proven that you meet advanced roleplaying standards and have a solid grasp on the lore of Anoma. Congratulations! 

If you need any help or have lore-related questions about your new character’s race, you may message me in-game /msg blackhand7 on Discord MagicTurtle#9888, or on the forums blackhand7

Feel free to join us on our Discord [here]. For more information on server lore, click [here]!